I was just down at Demo Day for the USC Incubator. They had some pretty high quality companies presenting. I just found out about a great award opportunity for people connected to USC (or who can figure out a connection in time). I also have a discount code below for the event.
USC’s Marshall School of Business will host the second annual Silicon Beach Awards (SBAs), a $50,000 venture competition focused on innovation in technology & entertainment. The SBAs are a key part of the http://siliconbeachusc.com/ event which is co-sponsored by USC’s Marshall School of Business, School of Cinematic Arts, and Viterbi School of Engineering. Startups that consist of at least one USC student or alum (less than 10 years from graduation) are encouraged to enter – and have a chance of winning up to $25,000!
Silicon Beach Awards deadline is September 2!!
Apply here: http://bit.ly/1bqAGbf
ABOUT THE PRIZES
Significant cash prizes will be awarded to the top 3 teams: First place: $25,000, Second place: $15,000, Third place: $10,000. In addition, the top three finishers will also receive legal services from Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP, a premier law firm located in in the US, UK and Asia who are working with Fortune 500, FTSE 250 clients and start-up companies throughout a range of industries.
Presentations Silicon Beach @ USC – September 18, USC Campus
USC will be hosting its 2nd annual Silicon Beach event on September 18 on the USC campus. Silicon Beach @ USC will feature game-changers and thought leaders from Hollywood studios, technology startups, and academia.
Presenters for the September 18 conference include:
- Albert Cheng, EVP & Chief Product Officer, Digital Media for Disney/ABC TV
- Hamet Watt, Co-founder &Chairman of MoviePass
- Ric Whitney, Head of VOD/EST for Intel Media
- Karen North, Director, Annenberg Program on Online Communities
- David Watson, Director of Product Innovation, Kids at Netflix
- Jason Corsello, CMO, Cornerstone OnDemand
- Dan Brian, EVP of Media at DemandMedia.
- Ashish Soni, Founding Director, Viterbi Students Institute for Innovation(VSi2), Executive Director of Digital Innovation, and faculty member, USC Viterbi School of Engineering
- Jimmy Liu, CEO, Gymflow
- Rajiv Maheswaran, CEO, SecondSpectrum
- Jens Windau, CEO, AIO Robotics
- Kevin Winston, founder, Digital LA
We will also recognize the next generation of innovators as we award over $50,000 to participants in the USC Silicon Beach Awards venture competition.
To join us, register at https://siliconbeachusc-2013.eventbrite.com/ Use the promo code FriendOfCTM for half-price admission through Sept 11!
More info on the conference and the venture competition at http://www.marshall.usc.edu/news/events/2013/silicon-beach-usc
To register at the discounted price use the promo code: FriendOfCTM
2. Click on the “Enter Promotional Code” link at the bottom of the “Ticket Information” window
3. Add this promotion code: FriendOfCTM and click APPLY
4. Choose the Industry Guest - Early Bird ticket. Your fee will be reduced to $75 as long as you register by Sept 11. (Afterwards admission goes to $150.)
5. Choose the number of tickets (up to 4) and complete the form.